Artscape Gibraltar Point COVID-19: Residency Reopening
As restrictions by the province and city slowly lift, Artscape Gibraltar Point is happy to announce that we are planning a safe and gradual reopening of our operations! With Island ferry service resuming July 2, Artscape Gibraltar Point will begin resuming already planned short-term artist residencies on July 13, 2020 and will gradually extend this based on updates from health and government officials.
To protect the health and safety of our members and employees, the following safety measures are in place at our facilities:
- Mandatory screening of all guests entering the building
- Cleaning: Frequent detailed cleaning, increased wiping and sanitizing of all public spaces and surfaces, including: interior and exterior elevator buttons, concierge desks, coworking spaces, washrooms, and door handles
- Hand washing: The most effective way to prevent sickness is by washing your hands frequently and minimizing contact with your face. Hand sanitizing stations will be available, as well as hand-washing instructions in the common areas and public washrooms.
- Masks: Face masks are required to be worn in all public spaces. Masks have been shown to be an effective tool in preventing the spread of the virus, if worn correctly.
- Distancing: Minimize close contact with people by avoiding hugging and remaining at least 5 ft apart (hockey stick length) from others. Always cough and sneeze into your sleeves.
- Travel: If you have traveled outside of Ontario recently, please self-quarantine and refrain from visiting our hubs for a period of 14 days upon your return.
- Stay home: If you suspect that you may be ill or are displaying symptoms of: fever, cough, sore throat, or headache, please stay home and seek medical advice.
We thank you for your patience, hope you’re staying safe, and we can’t wait to see you back on the Island soon! In the meantime, visit https://bit.ly/3iBSFUM for Artscape’s Reopening FAQ.